[bksvol-discuss] Remarkable Conversations

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:33:35 -0700 (PDT)

I have been trying to scan this book:

  REMARKABLE CONVERSATIONS
  A guide to developing meaningful communication with children and young adults
who are deafblind

  Editors
  Barbara Miles Marianne Riggio
  Perkins School for the Blind
  THIS PUBLICATION WAS MADE POSSIBLE BY THE CONRAD N. HILTON FOUNDATION

  But the book is just slightly too large for my scanner. I would buy a copy
and send it to Bookshare but the only one I can find is over $40. I think the
book is really worth scanning, but to scan it right I'm going to have to figure
out how to take the lid off my scanner so I can scan half the page and then the
other half of the page more easily.

  Or, I was hoping there might be someone else who can borrow it from a library
(it's in the Michigan E-Library system) and scan it.

  It's in columns, which is not a problem for me because Omnipage handles
columns really well, but I know some of you cannot scan and OCR columnized
books very well.

  Let me know if you have access to this book and can scan? I haven't done more
than the first few pages of it.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Visions in Death - J.D. Robb

I'm an eBay affiliate, click here before you bid!
Click here for eBay!