[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ready to submit a real treat for Sue Grafton fans

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 03:27:28 -0400

Dear Natasha,

My step 2 is full so I can't validate G is for Grafton for you, but if it's
still on step one when I get a vacancy, I'll go for it. I'm hoping someone will
get there first and validate it so it gets in to the collection sooner.

Thanks for putting so much work in to preparing your submission. I love the
Alphabet Murder series and can't wait to read G is for Grafton. I tell everyone
I think Kinsey's taste in clothes is horrible! Too bad I can't be her personal
shopper, but even if she bought cute, stylish clothes, I doubt anyone could get
her to wear them. If she had a health spa, I'd sign up. I need to improve in
getting up early in the morning and exercising like she does. I could have
drive through junk food, or Hungarian food with her for my reward. I wouldn't
want to go to Kinsey's rather spartan apartment and eat there, though,  where
the most elaborate meal she fixes is a boiled egg sandwich.

Sue Grafton has written a very touching chapter in Chicken Soup for the
Writer's Soul which I'm validating now. It is moving because Sue Grafton is
living her father's dream. He was a busy lawyer but he started a mystery series
and died suddenly, never having had time to realize his writing ambitions. He
would be so proud of his daughter's long series. She doesn't just churn out
books either, but puts years of careful planning and thought in to each
installment.

Always with love,

Lissi