[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reading as therapy

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:48:45 -0800 (PST)

I love the Lisa Kleyas books. The characters are
well-developed--amazing how an author can make
similar-type characters have different personalities
in a series of books. And I loved and read every
Bertrice Small book except the fantasy ones and the
latest, that didn't get very good read review--but
I'll probably read it and find that I enjoy it. Both
authors write so-called "historical" romances, but in
Kleypas' the history is more just setting and class
distinctions, and in Small's they involve historical
events and people and social customs. After what Ann
wrote I'll try a Georgette Heyer. I prefer my
historical novels set among the upper classes rather
than working classes  and in Europe rather than the
U.S. smile Anne Perry' Thomas and Charlotte Pitt
series are good if you like mysteries. They're set in
Victorian England and bring in not only class
distinctions but social and political situations.

G.Cindy

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/