[bksvol-discuss] RFB&D, Was (re: NLS Vs. Bookshare)

  • From: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:19:14 -0500 (CDT)

At two points in its history, the days of the old Soundscriber disks and
those of the now disaearing cassette, RFB&D books could be played on
freely available equipment.  During the era of the 1-7/8' tapes and the
upcoming one of digital playback oly, the equipment can be rather
expensive.

I just found out that the software ofered for the computer is $40.00 plus
$5.00 shipping, and a portable player costs at least $200.00.  Frankly,
this once most altruistic of rganizations has become obsessed with selling
you something at every turn!
--
"i dont see why these idoits are always after us. its not our falts its
stupid bush's." Seen on ABC Web Comments." Music stops May 15! Pax, Max.