[bksvol-discuss] Publisher Quality Books

  • From: "Susan" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:37:43 -0500

Hi Booksharians, Particularly Staff Members,

My husband Larry and I have either scanned or proofed books for Bookshare
for several years. We are concerned about the publisher books being added to
Bookshare's collection and pose the following questions:

Where do volunteers fit into the Bookshare picture now? How do we know that
books we have spent many hours on won't be removed from the collection and
replaced by a lesser quality book? Are older books from publishers being
added to the collection or are only the most current ones those we will see?
Thanks.

Susan