[bksvol-discuss] Proofers Need and Books I'm Scanning

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:05:09 -0400

Hi, Cindy and list.
I'll be scanning Rolling Thunder by John Varley, Breath of Fire by Tammy Kane,
Witch Craft by Caitlin Kittredge, Speak of the Devil by Jenna Black, and
Devil's Due also by Jenna Black.
Nancy will be validating Witch Craft and Maithe will be proofing the Jenna
Black books.
If anyone would like Rolling Thunder or Breath of Fire, please let me know.
Synopses are below.
Thanks.
Christina

Rolling Thunder (I saw in a review that there are sex scenes in this book, FYI)
Lieutenant Patricia Kelly Elizabeth Strickland-otherwise known as Podkayne-has
joined the Music, Arts, and Drama Division of the Martian Navy, passing
the audition with a little help from some higher-ups. And now she's going to
Europa, one of Jupiter's many moons, to be an entertainer. But she's about
to learn that there can be plenty of danger to go around in the Martian Navy,
even if you've just signed on to sing.

Breath of Fire
When the dragon came to claim him, Karl knew his great plan had gone
horribly wrong. If he had known the creature was real, he wouldn't have
scoffed at the villagers.and he certainly wouldn't have been so quick to
let them chain him to a rock. Mattaen Initiates trained as warriors, but no
man could defeat a dragon.

She had vanquished the beast and named her price: one night with the virgin
sacrifice she'd saved. He'd taken a vow of chastity, but Karl still had a
man's needs-and Elera's sultry curves made him ache to taste his first
woman. With a scorching kiss she shattered his defenses. and led him into a
world of deception and seduction, where he'd be forced to choose between
the brotherhood that had raised him and the woman whose courage set his
heart on fire.

An exciting and unique twist on the fantasy world of dragons. -