[bksvol-discuss] Re: Progress With Step 1 List

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:11:18 -0700 (PDT)

You'll all be happy to know that I didn't submit a single book today!  I did
chop, scan, and start an OCR of 33 books of the Ashes series by William W.
Johnstone.  Evidently the US has been devastated by a nuclear attack and a
small group of survivors is struggling to rebuild it all, so you can see where
there are all sorts of plot lines available.  Will try to submit the books next
week.

Gerald, I found Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb while I was perusing the
office book shelves, so I chopped it up.  When I tried to scan it, the scanner
first hung, and then when I restarted the program, the scanner gave a loud
shriek and munched up a page.  (I think it was tired from the 33 books I had
already scanned.)  I am going to leave the scanner alone, in the hopes that it
will recover by next week.  Will let you know if and when I submit the Robb
book.

Carrie

Gerald Hovas <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Looks like progress is being made with shrinking the Step 1 list. When I
looked a few minutes ago, it was down to 364 books. I don't think it's been
that low all year. I've seen it in the 370's a time or two earlier this
summer, but I don't recall seeing it in the 360's. Of course, we always
make progress when Carrie goes out of town.

Gerald

Yahoo! for Good