[bksvol-discuss] Re: Poetry scanning

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:44:30 -0500

As a proofreader, I've noticed that the files that come through best on poetry are when the scanner has made sure that every single line ends with a paragraph mark, which is very different from the settings you want for a regular book. Otherwise the poetry gets mushed together into one long line.

Also, just put one star between the stanzas. smile.

Judy s.
Shelley L. Rhodes wrote:
Hi you all, it has been a while since I attempted poetry..
I have three books of Poetry I want to try to submit for Bookshare. What tips and techniques do you all recommend to get these into presentable shape? I know some put stars between the stanzas, and to allow short line endings while scanning. What else do I need to know and remember? Thanks everyone. Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.
Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is mine.