[bksvol-discuss] Re: Please don't kill me

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 03:27:59 -0800 (PST)

What is the book? If it interests me, I'll take it at
some point, but not for a while because I have too
many lined up to do at the moment, i.e., my five
downloaded and some promised.

If I decide to do it you can put hold for me and put
in the comments that it needs a sighted validator.

G.Cindy

--- Eric Troup <yakkoman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I just scanned a book using the demo of
> OpenBook 8.  Apparently, it defaults to using an OCR
> recognition language called "Omnipage with Two-way
> Voting."  I scanned an entire book, thinking from
> the text that was being read back to me that it was
> fine.  Once I started deleting headers and such, I
> came to a realization: Omnipage with two-way voting
> (whatever the hell that means) recognizes characters
> quite well ... but paragraph formatting is almost
> nonexistent!  I mean, hardly any paragraph breaks at
> all!
>
> Since the text is so clean, I reeeeeeeally don't
> want to have to rescan it with Finereader which I'm
> sure would keep the paragraph breaks.  I already
> scanned another book using Finereader with Openbook
> 8, but I guess somewhere my settings got switched
> back to default.
>
> If I submit this book, will it be rejected due to
> lack of paragraph breaks?  <Sigh>  I am a bit at a
> loss.

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/