[bksvol-discuss] Perils of back-translationbraille

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:34:27 -0500

I recently validated a book, Star Trek: The Final Reflection, which I
believe was back-translated in some way.  Quotes often came out as was or
his, which would happen in translating from grade 2 to print, if there was a
problem with some quotes.  So be careful, if you're submitting something you
had in Grade 2 braille at some point.
Tracy