[bksvol-discuss] Page Break FAQ

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:19:29 -0800

Here are the questions I want to address in a FAQ about page breaks that should
be out by Christmas if not much sooner.

What do you want me to add?

Thanks,
Marissa

P.S. The answer to the last question is YES!

Facts and Questions About Page Breaks

What is a page break?

Why are page breaks important?

How many books on Bookshare.org currently lack page breaks?

Is there some sort of automatic page break generator that could change that?

How can I tell if there are page breaks in the files I’m working with?

Do txt files have page breaks?

What sort of OCR settings do I need to maintain page breaks?

What sort of text editor should I use to maintain page breaks?

How do I add page breaks using a specific text editing program?

How do I know if the page breaks are arbitrarily assigned by the particular
software program or if they correspond directly with the pagination of the hard
copy of the book?

How does Bookshare.org insert page numbers to correspond with their DAISY
files?

How does Bookshare.org Administration assess whether or not a book has page
breaks?

Even if I can’t tell if a book has page breaks and it’s in excellent, good or
even fair condition, should I still submit it?