[bksvol-discuss] Re: Outsourcer & Publisher Titles List has been updated

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:08:49 -0400

Thanks Pavi.

Denise
At 12:57 PM 10/8/2009, you wrote:
Hi Denise,

Thanks for writing in. If you look at the wiki page where this link is housed you?ll find that it says ?Books In Collection or In Process by Outsourcers/Publishing Partners?. As explained earlier this is basically a running list of all titles that Publishers/Outsourcers have put in and/or are in the process of putting into the collection. So while this list won?t help in terms of determining the status of a book ? it is helpful in helping volunteers determine whether or not to scan a particular book. If the title appears on this list then you know that book is either already in the collection or in process.

As mentioned before we are working with engineering to create a simpler and more efficient way for volunteers and staff alike to search for a book and determine its status right away. Until that tool is ready we are using the workaround of this list on the wiki to help prevent duplication of effort.

Please let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Warm regards,
Pavi

Pavi Mehta
Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare