[bksvol-discuss] Out of my Depth

  • From: "mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:38:29 -0500

I'm beginning to feel totally at sea. I tried to validate two books last night--one being Vendetta. I found six pages omitted, and didn't go farther. Then went to The Cat Who Went Bananas, and found two pages omitted by page 13. It seems that almost every book I try to validate has pages missing. Either I'm a magnet for missing pages, or scanners need to be more careful. After that, I decided to read a book just for me.

I'll keep these books and have a complete inventory of missing pages. I know how easy it is to take two pages at a time, having scanned my share of books. In fact, I had to reject one of my own books for two missed pages.

In validating, I read the entire book, which takes considerably longer than scanning.

Soorry for the rant.

Mickey