[bksvol-discuss] OpenBook margins

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:05:55 -0500

Hi all,
    In doing some experimenting with OpenBook's margin feature I found that the
recognized text does seem to get cut off when specifying margins. This however
did not stop the scanner from traveling the length of the full scanner bed.
    I talked to Freedom Scientific tech support this afternoon (20 mins of
waiting on my cell phone cause its not an 800 number) and confirmed that,
indeed that feature will scan the entire bed and save the full image, it will
use the margins only when determining the amount to recognize.
Pretty useless feature in that case...I guess it could still have a bit of use,
but no where near as much.
The tech support guy's suggestion was to rrite to
suggestions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx requesting the change. I have written to that
address before and never gotten a response, so if you do write, don't expect to
hear anything back.

HTH,
Jake
www.JBrownell.com