[bksvol-discuss] OT: two recently added and one in queue

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:22:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to Sandi Ryan scanning three books given to Nichole, there are two
recently added and one in queue historical fiction biographies by Clare Pastore
in her Journey to America series.  They are world history stories through the
eyes teens/pre-teens including a Polish girl set as WWII starts, a Cambodian
girl as Pol Pot begins his reign of terror, and an Irish girl during the Great
Potato Famine. Thought there might be others who would enjoy these under 200
page books as much as we did.  Wish there were more in the series to give kids
chance to make history come alive.
 Valerie

Bookshare: Bringing Reading to Life for 10 Years
http://www.bookshare.org/