[bksvol-discuss] OT? mysteries set in distant times & places and Philippa Gregory novels

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 18:59:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'm glad ypu're feeling better. The cough could last a
while.

I've only read one of the Frevisse mysteries but I
liked it a lot and plan to read others. I also liked
an Anne Perry book I read and plan to read more of the
Catherine and Tomas Pitt mysteries, in order. And I'm
reading now Death of a Glutton, which I'm enjoying, so
I think I'll read more of those, too. They're light
reading. And I've ordered from the library   another
Phiulippa Gregory historical novel, The Virgin's Lover
(which is not in our collection)--about Robert
Dudley's wife Amy. I couldn't decide between that and
her most recent one, The Constant Princess, about
Katherine of Aragon --also not in the collection yet.
I read reviews of Wideacre--in the collection--and its
sequels and, though I'd probably enjoy them if I read
them, they sound to morbid for me--no happy endings
until maybe te 3d or 4th. smile.

Cindy