[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: in the bush or the outback

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:02:19 -0800

Thanks Sue and Cindy.

I'll certainly miss ya'll when it's time for me to move on.

I guess I should add a disclaimer about Peace Corps, in that it really is
entirely different and unique for each individual who does it. I had a very
particular agenda for the organization--I wanted to get a rich public health
project experience. Many, however, go for the cultural exchange aspects of the
program and the fact that you get to learn another language. Some of the
volunteers there absolutely loved it and were really content to just grow into
the role of being the token American in the village.

Marissa