[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: books-added-list genre designation

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:53:48 -0400

Hi Cindy,
Just say nonfiction. You are doing so much. Let the web site split it up
into more categories.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             Cindy
             <popularplace@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
             bksvol-discuss-bo         bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       [bksvol-discuss] OT:
             10/16/2008 07:34          books-added-list genre designation
             PM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

Quite some time ago someone asked it I could label books fiction or
nonfiction, and I have been doing that--no trouble. But was the reason
tomake a search easier for fiction? Or for nonfiction?  Books added today
include lot of recipe books, and I've been writing "recipe" instead of
nonfiction. That would not cause problems for someone who wanted to do a
search for fiction, but it would for nonfiction. Should I just write
fiction or nonfiction instead of being more specific? I also indicate, for
fiction, when I can ascertain the genre, whether it's fantasy fiction or
science fiction, but that contains the word fiction so anyone searching for
fiction could find that easily. I write religion or religious for books
about the Bible or religious faith because I don't want to designate them
fiction or nonfiction--that would depend upon one's beliefs.

If you have opinions on this matter, please reply to me on or offlist
before 11 p.m. Pacific time.

Thank you.

Cindy
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx