[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Pacmate Questions

  • From: "Munawar Bijani" <munawarb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:31:29 -0400

Hello Lora,
I was browsing the FS website and came across an issue that I reallced you
were having trouble with. It deals with what FS calls "continuous braille
mode." You were having a problem where PacMate was ignoring line breaks.
Here is the information on it: (this applies to FSEdit)
.  Use Continuous Braille mode when layout and formatting are not important
to you, such as when reading an e-book. Continuous Braille mode ignores
           hard carriage returns within a paragraph. It shows the carriage
return            as a blank space and continues the flow of text instead of
leaving the            remainder of the braille display blank. To turn on
Continuous Braille            mode with a QX, press CTRL+R. With a BX, use
DOTS
           1-2-3-5 CHORD. (Bookshare.org users should remember that a
free utility to unpack Bookshare books on the PAC Mate can be downloaded
           from the Freedom Scientific Web site at:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/
fs_products/PACmate_BookShare_Unpack.asp.)

Wasallam,
Munawar A. Bijani
Are you certain you will awaken from bed tomorrow?
Never assume something of which you lack strong knowledge.
mailto:munawarb@xxxxxxxxx
MSN: munawar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bpcprograms.com/