[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: It's always vocabulary time when you scan or proofread!

  • From: Cynthia Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 00:04:34 -0700

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Yes, my vocabulary is increased all  the time  by proofing, as well as
reading; some terms from the 18th and 19th centuries whenI read
historical fiction. In a book I'm proofing   now; one of the bank
robbers  is a "chub"  When I googled I found a Wikipedia definition:
an obese gay man; one who relates to both the gay and the overweight
cultures
Cindy