[bksvol-discuss] OT: Braille research

  • From: "Liz Bottner" <liziswhatis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:21:31 -0400

Hey all:

I'm going to be writing a research paper on Braille as it relates to the
decision whether or not to teach it to young children. Since there computers
and

screenreading technology is available now, I've noticed one side of the
argument is that because of the new technology, it isn't necessary to learn
Braille.

I would be looking for personal opinions and feedback on this issue, pro or
con. I'm interested in both sides of the argument. I'm going to be putting

together a small questionnaire in a few days with questions relating to the
topic, and I didn't know of perhaps any of you in this community might be
willing

to fill it out for me or just provide me your input on this issue.  Also, if
you know if anyone who isn't on this list who might be willing to help me, I
would appreciate that, too.  If interested, please write me privately as
traffic on this list is quite high, and weeding out the responses to this
might take some time.

Thanks, take care, and I apologize for the off-topic post.

Liz

email: liziswhatis@xxxxxxxxxxx Visit my Live Journal :
http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com