[bksvol-discuss] Re: Norto

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:37:16 -0600

Hi Cindy,
I did acknowledge that sending small portions of books is acceptable. It sounded as though Mickey was suggesting that each person take, say a fourth of the book. Sending that much I would think would be a bit much and would not be advisable. After all, all portions of a book are copyrighted, not just the whole thing. If that weren't the case, then everybody could send a book in two pieces and be legal *grin* oh if it only were that way.

Also, record keeping is important for BookShare. They need to know who worked on what books. That wouldn't be possible to keep track of if another person was providing more than just small chunks to fix up the book.

BTW Yes, I would think that copies that Gustavo rejects are still stored on the BookShare system, just flagged as not being part of the public site.

Jake