[bksvol-discuss] Newby question

  • From: <awmckay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:25:58 -0500

Hey all, I am andrew and a new volunteer. I was going to clean java solutions
by John Lewis and William Loftus. However, there was a weird note that threw me
off in the beginning. It said:

The e-text contained in this computer file serves as an alternate format to
print for a person with a disability.  E-text permits those who would be denied
or limited access to the print version of the book to read the book.  Any use
of the e-text for purposes other than disability accessibility is prohibited by
copyright laws.

Print to E-text Conversion Note:        Each chapter, unit,  or section is
tagged with five colons (::::J to mark the beginning of the
chapter/unit/section.  Print page numbers are inserted in the text.  The e-text
is not an exact rendition of the printed book.  The e-text contains scanning
errors, and many print elements such as math and science symbols do not convert
to e-text well.  No descriptions of non-text portions of the print book such as
graphics and illustrations are provided.  Not all elements of the print book
were converted to e-text.

Symbols and equations not readable.
Could someone explain this to me. Does this mean it has already been cleaned or
is this something I need to remove? Sorry for such dumb newby questions!

Andrew