[bksvol-discuss] My Progress As a New Contributor

  • From: Kane Brolin <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:18:52 -0500

Hello.  I'm overwhelmed by the thoroughness and patience with which
all of you have responded to my pagination queries.  Thanks to your
scanning, and now the pages in my scan line up with the page numbering
used in the book itself--and I've prevented Kurzweil from deciding in
conversion to put in false page breaks.  I would have been quite upset
if I'd not known of how to adjust the conversion setting that Mayrie
spoke of.  In this particular case, the text of the story actually
begins on Page 3.

Since this book is set in nations where non-English speech
predominates, the other issue I'll be grappling with is Kurzweil's
treatment of proper names that contain accented letters, as in the
Spanish first name Augustín, or in the classic French spelling of
fiancé.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there; I didn't
exactly pick the easiest book to submit, but I did pick one I want to
read.  With a little planning, I guess it will work out.

-Kane