[bksvol-discuss] Re: Moving page numbers

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 22:28:04 -0500

Hi Netta,

You don't need to move the page numbers to the top of the page. However, when all the page numbers at the bottom of the page it is helpful, on just those pages where the first line of text is actually a chapter title, to move the page number to the top of that page. That's because sometimes the bookshare conversion tool that turns finished books into daisy and braille will remove a chapter heading at the top of a page because it sees it as a running header. Putting the page number at the top of the page protects that from happening.

For pages where the page number is at the top of the page your pages should be:
Page break
blank line
page number
blank line
text of page
blank line

For pages where you don't have a page number at the top of the page your pages should be:
Page break
blank line
text of page
blank line
page number
blank line

Hope that helps! smile.

Judy s.
On 10/28/2012 6:06 PM, Dornetta wrote:
<big>Blank</big>
Hey guys;
In this book I am proofing, the page numbers are at the bottom of the page and are in order, what are the reasons for moving page numbers? Also, text begins at the top of the page--the very top. So, it goes as follows:
 page break
text
space
space
page number
space With text beginning at the top of the page, should I place a space at the top before the text?
Thanks,
Netta
page break