[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing Chapter titles

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:16:21 -0500

Frustratingly, there really doesn't seem to be a way to cheat the header.
The problem is that the system is set up to want to remove page numbers and
use them only in the Daisy tags. I personally don't like this and disagree
with it, and it seems like many others here share that feeling. When
Marissa's replacement comes, we'll have to bring up the issue to that person
and ask them to find the survey that Marissa was going to write, or to write
it if she never had a chance to do it.
Without page numbers, the brf copies of Bookshare books are not usable for
anything beyond straight pleasure reading. I think the two versions of the
books should be equal and equally usable, and that brf should not have
secondary status to Daisy.

Speaking of Daisy, does anyone remember the Kurzweil command for reading the
page number tags? Stephen posted it here, and I seem to have forgotten it.
Kellie