[bksvol-discuss] Re: Michener books

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 22:02:21 +0000

Cindy,

I know what you mean. When James Michener begins a book at the beginning, he begins In The Beginning, even before dividing the the waters. Actually, he often begins before water.  Been there, done that in one book and it was sufficient. I like beginning a little later.

Amy
--
It if be now, 'tis not to come,
If it be not to come, it will be now,

-------------- Original message from Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I loved all the Michener books I read: Hawaii, Centennial, Chesepeake, Caravns. I stopped after a while, because, though the characters are interesting and the history particularly interesting, they follow the same parttern and I began to get tired of it. But I do want to start again and read some of the ones I