[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lots of errors on the step 1 page

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:52:19 -0700

Hi Chela!

I made the same mistakes these folks are making in the beginning, before I even knew there was a volunteer manual. So glad to know that new volunteers are reading it! It helped me a lot, and kept my books from sitting on the step 1 page. I'm sure that some more experienced volunteers thought, and rightly so, "This woman can't even fill out a form properly, what in the world kind of a mess are her books in?" But with some kind advice from a couple of people, and a thorough reading of the manual, I've got it down now!

Peace,
Mayrie

At 05:24 PM 4/15/2008, you wrote:
Yeah, I saw the same thing ya saw and am a very new volunteer myself,
smile, I read the manual, grin!

On 4/15/08, Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
>       It is apparent that some new volunteers have not read the manual, or
> have not understood it.  I didn't read very far down on the step 1
> page, but I found quite a few books whose author fields were filled
> in incorrectly.  Perhaps anyone who knows the submitters of the books
> in question could remind them that they do need to read the volunteer
> manual, that it is actually helpful.?
>
>       Also, I have seen some very careless spelling of titles on the step
> 1 page.  The word madness spelled with two d.'s.And the author K. M.
> Peyton run together without any spaces at all.   I think that we as
> submitters need to reread our submission forms before hitting the
> upload button.  And if you are not sure of spelling of words in the
> book's title that is being submitted, check the book itself.  This
> looks sloppy and will confuse new volunteers as to the correct way of
> filling out the submission form.  I'm pasting below just a few
> examples of incorrectly written authors in books on the step 1 page
> right now.
>
> Mayrie
>
> Um...Slips, Stumbles, and Verbal Blunders
> Michael, Erard
>
> Ideas and Options in English for Specific Purposes
> Basturkmen, Helen
>
> Analyze This! Understanding the Scientific Method
> Glass, Susan
>
> When Old Technologies Were New
> Marvin, Carolyn
>
> Juggling for the Complete Klutz
> John Cassidy and B.C. Rimbeaux
>
> Golf is a Game of Confidence
> Dr. Bob Rotella
>
> Death on a Deadline
> Et Al., Sandy Gaskin
>
> FROM RUSSIA to THE WEST: The Musical Memoirs
> NATHAN MILSTEIN AND SOLOMON VOLKOV, TRANSLATED FROM THE RUSSIAN BY
> ANTONINA W. BOUIS.
>
> Hold for Viji_The Catholic Answer Book
> Father Peter M.J.Stravinskas

Chela Robles