[bksvol-discuss] Looking for autobiographies of people with disabilities.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookkshare volunteer list" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 01:57:04 -0500

Hi Grace!

Okay!! Let's try this again and see if I can get it right this time. *smile*

Here's what I found in the collection just searching for "autobiography".

I'm sure there are other autobiographies of people with disabilities, but this
is what I found with just that search query:

And Then There Was Light: An Autobiography Of A Blind Hero Of The French
Resistance by Cameron, Elizabeth R.
and Lusseyran, Jaques

Synopsis: An autobiography of a blind man who fought in the French resistance
against Nazi agression in World War Two.

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/22536/And%2BThen%2BThere%2BWas%2BLight%253A%2BAn%2BAutobiography%2BOf%2BA%2BBlind%2BHero%2BOf%2BThe%2BFrench%2BResistance%20?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWF1dG9iaW9ncmFwaHkm

Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far On Foot: The Autobiography Of A Dangerous Man by
Callahan, John

Synopsis: Biography of John Callahan, a noted cartoonist and quadriplegic.

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/25372/Don%2527t%2BWorry%252C%2BHe%2BWon%2527t%2BGet%2BFar%2BOn%2BFoot%253A%2BThe%2BAutobiography%2BOf%2BA%2BDangerous%2BMan%20?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWF1dG9iaW9ncmFwaHkm

Fortunate Son: The Autobiography Of Lewis B. Puller, Jr. by Puller, Lewis B.

Synopsis: Lewis Puller, the most decorated Marine ever, is a Vietnam vet who
lost both legs and parts of both hands in the war. Here is his story.

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/111408/Fortunate%2BSon%253A%2BThe%2BAutobiography%2BOf%2BLewis%2BB.%2BPuller%252C%2BJr.%20?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWF1dG9iaW9ncmFwaHkm

On Different Roads : An Autobiography by Lawhorn, Geraldine

Synopsis: A true story of an incredible woman who was not about to be held back
by the challenges of becoming blind and deaf before she completed high school.

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/37901/On%2BDifferent%2BRoads%2B%253A%2BAn%2BAutobiography%20?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWF1dG9iaW9ncmFwaHkm

HTH

Blessings.

Lynnsky