[bksvol-discuss] Re: Labeling captions, sidebars, etc just thinking

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:49:08 -0500

Yes, the words end caption, end sidebar, etc. would be preferable in my opinion. In an earlier message I noted that reading with punctuation turned off produces only the very slightest of hesitations in speech.

Melissa Smith

On 4/20/2010 4:40 PM, Cindy wrote:
There's usually a line space before the text, but I can see that it might be eliminated. Would another bracket be sufficient, i.e., the whole caption be enclosed in brackets, as well as the word caption, or would the words end of caption be preferable? DItto phoro descriptions? I'm proofing now a book that has so many different headings on each page, that i'm getting confused, and I have decided that rather than doing what I'm doing now, i.e., proofing eacxh page and then going on to the next, I'm gong to go through all the pages and put the vaarious hadings into the various fonts, bold, caps, etcx., required, and also redo the phoot descriptions, then go back and resume proofing the pages' texts, so I can now put "end of description" bvefore the lines tha follow the photo, if you like.

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

    Date: 01/17/10 07:35:00

    </mc/compose?to=bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get