[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kushiel's Dart

  • From: "robert tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:24:10 -0500

Don't worry Donna, I will use kurzweil.
For skype contact bobwichitaks
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:22 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Kushiel's Dart

Hi all. I don't know why the final version of Kushiel's Dart now on the web
site has twice as many pages as it should.  My original RTF file which I
uploaded has 704 pages which is what it's suppose to have.  There are no
pictures in the book.  I scanned it using FineReader and did the initial
clean-up using Word 2003.  I removed the section breaks FR likes and
replaced them with manual page breaks.  Still my final version before
uploading to the step one validation page only had 704 pages.  When I open
this RTF file in Kurzweil 100 version 9, it has 716 pages, and seems to have
some blank pages inserted at the beginning throughout the pages before the
book begins.  E indicates that when she downloaded the RTF file from the
step one download page and opened it in either her BrailleNote or Kurzweil
1000 version 11, she gets a blank page inserted between every page of text.
Finally, when I checked the copy that made it into the collection, it
definitely has twice as many pages as it should.  However, when I download
the Daisy format version, open the HTML file and save it as plain text, it's
back to having only 704 pages.  Go figure!

I have no explanations or solutions for this situation, but thought I'd list
all the facts as I know them in a single message in case someone else has
answers.  For those anxious to read it, the text is good, so if you can
bring yourself to skip blank pages if they show up for you, happy reading!

Donna