[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted! Skallagrigg

  • From: "Liz Halperin" <lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 00:38:47 -0700

Some lucky person is going to have the joy of validating a book I just
uploaded: Skallagrigg. This book is in my top five books of all time.
British author. I am copying my long synopsis here, in hopes someone
will want to read and validate this one. Oh bummer, I can't copy it
here, I didn't keep a copy! In any case, this long book has multiple
layers, takes place in England over a 100 year span, includes people
with cerebral palsy, the development of technology over time, computer
games, some romances and a mythical "Skallagrigg" known only to disabled
people who have been institutionalized. Or is the Skallagrigg merely a
myth?  This is  a clean copy that I read and fixed as I went. However,
there are many British vocabulary words that will come up on
spellcheckers, and I have no idea how screen readers will deal with the
phonetically-spelled speech of disabled people. If whoever downloads it
for validating has any questions, feel free to contact me. This book was
a gift from a friend and now a gift I give to all of you.

Liz in Seattle

Liz Halperin
Seattle, WA
lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx