[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted Prize Cache by Riley Nicholas Kelly

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:11:15 -0600

I've just submitted Prize Cache.  It has a 98.2 ranked spelling score, has all
page numbers at the tops of the pages, and I don't think it will require much
work.  The spelling score is caused by the abundance of proper personal and
place names in the book, and a section where the author describes some of the
pitfalls of writing for a newspaper, so if it should be spell checked again, it
needs to be read first; otherwise, by correcting some of the deliberate
misspellings, the spirit and intent of the column called "To Err is Human"
would be lost.  All the pertinent information is below.

Title:  Prize Cache

Author:  Riley Nicholas Kelly

Copyright Holder:  Riley Nicholas Kelly

Copyright date:  1974

Short Synopsis:  A collection of prize winning writings by Riley Kelly,
including columns from the Monroe Journal, history and legends of South
Alabama, short fiction, and an inspirational essay and poem.

ISBN 0-682-48013-4

Comment:  Ranked spelling gave this book a 98.2 before anything was ignored.
It contains many proper personal and place names, some of which will be
unfamiliar, and it also uses some contractions.  There is also a section about
writing for a newspaper with deliberate spelling mistakes in it, correction of
which would spoil the fun and intent of the column.  I suggest reading it
before spell checking.  If you have questions, e-mail

kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx

Length: 122 pages

Kathy

kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx

> "The LORD bless you and keep you;
> the LORD make His face shine upon you
> and be gracious to you;
> the LORD turn His face toward you
> and give you peace."
> Numbers 6:24-26

GIF image

---
                avast! Antivirus: %This message has been certified clean by
Avast.% message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 081111-0, 11/11/2008
Tested on: 11/14/2008 8:12:04 AM