[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted Byron Katie's latest book

  • From: "Jim Atwood" <secondson47@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:48:51 -0500

I just submitted the recently published "Who Would You Be Without Your
Story?" by Byron Katie. Her three previous books were added to the
collection late last year.

Eckhart Tolle said, "Byron Katie's Work is a great blessing for our planet."
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer calls Katie, "...one of the truly great and inspiring
teachers of our time."
Oprah Winfrey invited Katie for two sessions on her Soul Series webcast--and
kept her on for a third!

The following is from the back cover:

This book is a collection of fifteen dialogues with Byron Katie that
occurred throughout the United States and Europe. Some of the people who
worked with Katie had painful illnesses, others were lovelorn or in messy
divorces, some were simply irritated with a co-worker or worried about
money. What they all had in common was a willingness to question, with
Katie's help, the painful thoughts that are the true cause of all suffering.
In every case, we see how Katie's acute mind and fierce kindness helped each
person dismantle for him-- or herself what was felt to be unshakable
reality.

Although these dialogues make fascinating reading--some are both hilarious
and deeply moving at once--they are intended primarily as teaching tools.
Each took place in front of an audience, and Katie never lost connection
with that audience, repeatedly reminding each person in the room to follow
the dialogues inwardly and ask themselves the questions the participant must
ask. The dialogue between Katie and these volunteers is an external
enactment of precisely the kind of dialogue all readers can have with their
own thoughts. The result, even in the seemingly most dire situation, can be
an unimagined freedom and joy.

Enjoy,

Jim Atwood