[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted "The Highly Sensitive Child" by Elaine N. Aron

  • From: "Jim Atwood" <secondson47@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:44:45 -0600

Until the publication of Dr. Aron's earlier bestseller, "The Highly
Sensitive Person" (already in the collection), my wife, son, and millions of
others had no idea how much they had in common with about twenty percent of
the worlds population. And, until "The Highly Sensitive Child" there was
still almost nothing available to help with the challenges that were evident
with our son almost from birth. As I edited this submission I enjoyed
revisiting tips that are still helpful in understanding our son the college
sophomore.

This submission is 353 pages and has been thoroughly checked, corrected, and
formatted.

From the back cover of the book:

As pioneering psychotherapist Elaine Aron shows in this groundbreaking book,
if your child seems overly inhibited, particular, or you worry that he or
she may have a disorder such as Attention Deficit Disorder or Asperger's
Syndrome, he or she may simply be highly sensitive. And raised with proper
understanding and care, highly sensitive children can grow up to be happy,
healthy, well-adjusted adults.

Rooted in Dr. Aron's years of experience working with highly sensitive
children and their families, as well as in her original research on child
temperament, *The Highly Sensitive Child* explores the challenges of raising
an HSC; the four keys to successfully parenting and HSC; how to help HSCs
thrive in a not-so-sensitive world; and how to make school and friendships
enjoyable. With chapters addressing the needs of specific age groups, from
newborns to teens, *The Highly Sensitive Child* is the ultimate guidebook
for parents, teachers, and the sensitive children in their lives.

Enjoy,

Jim Atwood