[bksvol-discuss] Join Us For a Bookshare Chat Tonight

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:59:45 -0400

Hi everyone. Do you want to get to know other volunteers better
outside of list activities? Are you looking for a buddy to work on a series
or a mentor to help you learn to scan/proofread books? Do you want to
talk about the latest
book you're reading from Bookshare? If so, please join us for a voice chat
tonight. It starts at 6 PM Pacific, 7 Mountain, 8 Central, and 9 PM Eastern.
It lasts for several hours, so you can come in at any time without worrying
about being late. It's open to anyone who would like to talk about
Bookshare, volunteering, or books and authors in general. All Bookshare
members and volunteers are welcome, as are nonmembers who like to
read. We meet every
Saturday, so put us on your schedule for next week if you can't make it
tonight.

All you need is your web browser and a headset or microphone and speakers.
If you don't have a microphone, you can text chat instead.

Just point your browser to http://www.blindcooltech.com/chat.htm

If you have never used our chat room or Talking Communities chat service,
you'll be asked to install a small plug-in for your browser so you can chat
with us. It's free, installs in less than a minute, and it works well with
screenreaders and magnification software. Once the plug-in is installed,
you'll press enter on the link of the web page that says "enter the chat
room." Just type your name in the box provided, and skip the box asking for
a password. We don't use one.

Don't be shy about coming into the chat if you've never chatted before.
We'll be happy to help you get going. We enjoy meeting new friends and
hearing the voices of people we've worked with on Bookshare for years.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there. I'm warming up the virtual coffee
and tea pots. (smile)

Monica Willyard
Check out my books and accessible book lists on Goodreads at
http://www.goodreads.com/profile/plumlipstick