[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hi again to all those list members who helped me with the italics for that interesting book - it's Jess with another request for help.

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:31:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jess,

It looks like every other paragraph is italicized, which implies that there is
a conversation going on. I'm assuming that this is what you wanted.
If I may be so bold, may I suggest a few other things that would improve your
book? These are all optional, not required, but they are little niceties that
make the book more readable for Bookshare members.
1. In the first paragraph, there's a forward slash (/) that should be an
italicized I (I).
2. Please change em-dashes (—)  to space, hyphen, hyphen, space ( -- ). I'm
hoping that the cataloging tool in the new website will eliminate this sort of
change. We'll see!
3. Looks like the last word on page 164 should be changed from cheerydeary to
cheery-deary, based on the rest of that paragraph.
4. On the second page, there are 3 asterisks (*) and 4 ending braces (}) that
look like they should be question marks.
As I said, these are not required changes, but they would be very nice.

Thanks a bunch! Carrie