[bksvol-discuss] Hcategorization of books

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 09:16:06 -0500

Hi Roger,

Well, the Pern books are indeed mostly Science Fiction although they have some elements of myth and magic attached. I recently read a book series by McCullough which had computers and yet also had manifestations of the Greek pantheon. It very needly straddled both genres.

As for Western mysteries, you're right there. What you call them is regionals. I cnte J.A. Jance Craig Johnson, Tony Hillerman and James D. Doss.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring