[bksvol-discuss] Re: HUNGRY GIRL RECIPES

I was going to answer Gail but thought I'd better read
more of my mail in case someone else did, and you did,
Tracy. smile I'd just like to add that I think you can
trust your instincts, Gail; they seem to be correct,
from what you're asked.

But Tracy, you are so correct. I suspect in this case
the omission of the second "l" in call is a scanno,
but the apostrophe after Bros. in the previous book,
Duke, apparently was an error in the book itself,
according to Gary who has it. I've validated some
books, too, that have grammatical as well as
punctuation errors in the print books themselves, and
they really annoy me, but as you say we can't change
them. But they do make it more difficult to read,
especially when the sentences are long. I validated an
excellently scanned The World at Arms, and I had to
read some of the sentences a couple of times to get
the meaning because of the length and poor
punctuation--and for some unknown reason, there wasn't
even consistency! Sometimes dates were set off by
commas and sometimes not, and not always where they
should be--and there were a lot of dates n the book.

Cindy Ro

--- Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I think it should be "call".  That said
> however, I have noticed the
> books are not proofread anymore before they are
> published.  They contain
> errors, including the kind that don't get caught by
> a spellchecker.
> I figure, as a validator, it's my job to give our
> readers the same as the
> print readers get, including errors, so I leave in
> errors I think are not
> from the scanning.  Who knows?  Someone may be doing
> research on the
> number of errors in books, or pointing them out to a
> class, or writing
> letters to the editor, or whatever.
> 
> Those publishers ought to hire a few Bookshare
> validators!  WE know how to
> proofread!
> Tracy
> 
> >
> > I am starting HUNGRY GIRL RECIPES and Survival
> Strategies for
> > Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World by Lisa
> Lillien
> >
> > page 4
> >
> > Should cal be call in the following sentence?
> >
> > When recipes cal for generic ingredients (like
> light vanilla Soy milk
> > or light bread), we used average nutritional
> information for those
> > products
> >
> > --
> > Email services provided by the System Access
> Mobile Network.  Visit
> > www.serotek.com to learn more about accessibility
> anywhere.
> >  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
> to
> > bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
> subject line.  To get a list
> > of available commands, put the word 'help' by
> itself in the subject line.
> >
> >
> 
> 
>  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject
> line.  To get a list of available commands, put the
> word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
> 
> 


WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS AVAILABLE 
AT  
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/wish_list/wish_list.htm
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

A LIST OF BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING SCANNED IS AVAILABLE AT 
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm


      

 To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of 
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.

Other related posts: