[bksvol-discuss] Fw: [bookshare-discuss] Careful on the "hold fors"

  • From: "Linda Adams" <ladams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:32:03 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:26 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Careful on the "hold fors"

Hi all,

Just a general note reminding everyone to be careful with the words, "hold for," when they are placed into a title. I know it's important for this to
be in the submitted titles so that the correct validator gets them, but we
can't leave the "hold for" phrase in the title when the book gets uploaded
to Bookshare after validation.

Today I was looking at the new books page and found a book titled HOLD FOR
LENA: The Collected Poems of Robert Creeley.  I'm assuming that's not the
correct title.  Well, I think it's important that we all check our titles
carefully after validation to make sure that they are correct. I know it's a mistake anyone could make, but I thought I'd post the reminder because we
can all benefit from it.

Also, can someone please forward this message to the BKSVOL list.  I'm not
on that one, but I think they'd appreciate this message too.

Best,
Allison