[bksvol-discuss] For Judy; Rules for Radicals

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:45:08 EDT

Pardon me for sending this private message to the list, but I neglected to
retain Judy's email address.

Judy, I uploaded Rules for Radicals last night. Be sure to read the
comments section. I will say that Alinsky's rules are not entirely my rules.
His
conception of a radical is not quite entirely my conception of a radical
either. I did note that even though I had forgotten his name, after I got into
reading his allusions to certain struggles I actually remembered him. He was a
well-known labor organizer, but if a radical is one who sees the problems
he is addressing as being in the roots of the system then he falls a bit
short of radicalism himself.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _