[bksvol-discuss] Re: Elizabet Peters books

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:02:10 -0400

Cindy, the Peters books sound like they be right up your alley! :) She's good at creating her settings and interweaving stories with interesting facts about her setting. She does a book about Egypt that is masterful. I respect her work very much. It's just a series I can't seem to get into, and I can't explain why, even to myself. I normally like that sort of thing, but something about the Egyptian pyramids has given me nightmares since I was little. Go figure!

Monica Willyard

On Wednesday 9/27/2006 08:20 PM, you wrote:
I'll take them if no one else does. They're mysteries,
aren't they? I seem to have gotten more interested in
mysteries that are well-written and are set in
interesting places or involve interesting people. I
still like historical novels, and mysteries, and
istorical romances, though, if written well and true
to the history of time and place.

Cindy

Monica Willyard
The Website your boss doesn't want you to know about! http://www.moreinfo247.com/9252754/FREE.