[bksvol-discuss] Eggs

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:05:18 -0700 (PDT)

Last night I finished scanning Eggs by Jerry Spinelli. I believe he is a
Newbery author although this is not a Newbery book.

  It's on step 1 now.

  Nine-year-old David has recently lost his mother to a freak accident, his
salesman father is constantly on the road, and he is letting his anger out on
his grandmother. Sarcastic and bossy 13-year-old Primrose lives with her
childlike, fortuneteller mother, and a framed picture is the only evidence of
the father she never knew. Despite their differences, David and Primrose forge
a tight yet tumultuous friendship, eventually helping each other deal with what
is missing in their lives. This powerful, quirky novel about two very
complicated, damaged children has much to say about friendship, loss, and
recovery.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust -
Allan Zullo and Mara Bovsun