[bksvol-discuss] Re: Downlist page one books

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <hunter123@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:34:46 -0500

Hi, Cindy.

I can open the *.ark files, but I noticed when I was on the download page
yesterday that quite a few of the books in this format were text books or books
about specialized areas I wouldn't feel comfortable validating.  I know there
are a few that have been there for over a year.

I'm not sure how to get these books validated.  Maybe someone could go through
and notify the submitters, letting them know that their books might be
validated quicker if they're resubmitted in RTF format.  It does look like most
of the books in ark format were submitted before the push to have things
uploaded in txt or rtf.

The other option would be for someone with the capability of opening *.ark
files to download, convert, and re-submit the file in RTF with a notation
saying that the book was re-submitted for easier validation.  The problem with
this is that the original submitter may not get credit, or might get credited
twice for one submission.  Also, I think there's a stipulation in the Book
contract prohibiting this type of thing.
Thoughts, anyone?

Lisa