[bksvol-discuss] Does Internet Archive provide e-books?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 03:44:03 -0500

You may have heard of this organization. I went to their website,
http://www.archive.org , but I couldn't tell if they provided usa ble
e-books. Fromm what I have heard, they scan books and keep an immage of
each page. I don't knnow if these images can be used for OCR. There is
also the matter off copyright. I don't think they can provide books
except those in the public domain. I've been asked about them, so any
information would be appreciated.

John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com