[bksvol-discuss] Disappearing books

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:44:07 -0800

Hi. This is very weird and I haven't seen this before. Is there a limit on how many books a volunteer can be validating at one time? I had 16 yesterday. Paul Edwards submitted a few that looked interesting so I got them. That brought my total up to 18. Today, I saw both books from him back in the validation pool. The comments did not show that I released them. I know that I did not release at least one of them because I was planning on reading it. Does this have to do with the site maintenance? Is there a limit I should be aware of? I don't mind releasing a few titles, but I would like to choose what I release rather than having them randomly disappear.

Yes, I know I have a bunch of books right now. I am planning on reading all of them. One is done, just needs to be checked for spelling. I'm not in too big of a rush though since there haven't been any new books posted in awhile.

Thanks for any input on this. Also, thanks all for the great scans and synopses lately. I would especially like to thank Jake. The Hardy Boys are a guilty pleasure for me, and apparently others too since they seem to disappear fast.