[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braillenote questions

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 05:13:13 -0400

Again I suggest we speak to Jonathan Mossen about what seems to be hardware difficulties. A little more attention to quality control on the part of American-based Pulsedata in repairs may help here. I do not know your specific flash disk situation so repairs may not have had anything to do with it. Do you have Jonathan's email? I used to be on the braillenote listserve but the list generated so many viruses that it became annoying.

E.

At 11:14 PM 5/13/2004, you wrote:

I don't get any error, it just keeps beeping, and beeping, and beeping, and
beeping, for like thirty minutes which at this point, I get frustrated, as
frankly thirty minutes is way too long so I reset the unit.

I have the expanded 48 mb option, and am using a compact flash card for most
of my braillenote work, out of habit, as well, for several months last
summer I had no flash disk.  As mine fried.

But... it is frustrating.

Shelley L. Rhodes and Judson, guiding golden rhod3021@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time"

~ Carl Sagan