[bksvol-discuss] BrailleNote and validating

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:46:16 -0600

Shelley,
I hope you don't mind me asking about validating books on your braille note.
Did i understand correctly that you can download  books with your braille note,
use the bookshare unpack utility to open the xip files by renaming them as BKS
files, and then edit them?  Are there any other special directions someone
would need to know in order to successfully download the book and then upload
it when finished?  A bunch of people have asked on the braille note list, and I
have only tested bits and pieces of the process.  I don't want to accidently
mislead anyone or give poor directions.  At this moment I don't have anything
to test the whole process with, and I'd like to test it, but I've been very
busy as well as unmotivated when it comes to editing lately.

If you really wouldn't mind I would pass on your directions, or even write
directions once i know there aren't any unexpected difficulties that you find
every time you use your braille note for the whole process.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity