[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille note question

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:21:14 -0400

I validate with my braillenote after first running the file through k1000 rank spelling.

Files are protected on the braillenote if you open them in the book reader.

You can edit them if you open them in the word processor.

You will want to open them in rtf and as much as possible remain in rtf format to avoid translation errors.

The reading will appear in grade two as long as you have those options set correctly.

The file is still in rtf format. If you go to a particular word to correct it, the single word will show up in grade one and you correct using letters not braille contractions.

You will need to know a few new things if you want to use the braillenote as a word processor for bookshare editing.

Punctuation follows the format used in computer braille.

So, for example period is dots 4 6
coma is dot 6
quote mark is dot 5
and so on.

Please feel free to write me with any further questions.

It may sound a bit tricky at the beginning. Actually it is quite easy once you do it a bit.

all the best,
E.

At 11:00 AM 6/20/2008, you wrote:
Dear E,

Do you validate with your braille note?

When I read books on mine, my note says their files are protected so I can't validate on my note as far as I know. I am unable to make any changes in them. I just remember being able to read the books without these signs popping up and now they are here. When I'm reading for recreation they slow me down a little so I'd like to disappear them

I would be interested in knowing more about validating on the note, but need some personal guidance because I tend to go in circles in manuals until I give up. Currently I validate listening to jaws with punctuation spoken, using arrows to spell words in question out, and find commands to check stuff like spacing and junk characters.

Thanks for your prompt, clear, help.

Always with love,

Lissi