[bksvol-discuss] Books for wishlist

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 15:09:40 -0400

I am not a student but I know that these would be very beneficial in my work. I can't get them.

Uncomplicated guide to diabetes complications  3rd ed.
 Levin, Marvin E./ Pfeifer, Michael A.

Medical tests sourcebook : basic consumer health information about x-rays, blood tests, stool and urine tests, biopsies, mammography, endoscopic procedures, ultrasound exams, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging (mri), nuclear medicine, genetic testing, home-use tests, and more ; along with facts about preventive care and screening test guidelines, screening and assessment tests associated with such specific concerns as cancer, heart disease, allergies, diabetes, thyroid disfunction, and infertility, a glossary of related terms, and a directory of resources for additional help and information 3rd ed.
 Bellenir, Karen.

Diabetes sourcebook : basic consumer health information about type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, gestational diabetes, monogenic forms of diabetes, and insulin resistance, with guidelines for lifestyle modifications and the medical management of diabetes, including facts about insulin, insulin delivery devices, oral diabetes medications, self-monitoring of blood glucose, meal planning, physical activity recommendations, foot care, and treatment options for people with kidney failure; along with a section about diabetes complications and co-occurring conditions, a glossary of related terms, and directories of resources for additional help and information 4th ed.
 Bellenir, Karen.

What to expect when you have diabetes : 180 tips for living well with diabetes
 American Diabetes Association.

This was requested by a member who has kids, It won't fit on a conventional scanner, as I tried.

America : a patriotic primer Cheney, Lynne V. America : a patriotic primer Cheney, Lynne V.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of their act as violence;
rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)